Saturday, August 18, 2012

F7

F7 by ric gustafson


I walked off the elevator and looked to my left. The waiting area contained a sink, counter, table and four chairs. This morning it was quiet. In the right hand corner was a black colored candy machine. As I walked by, I stopped and looked into the glass. My stomach began to growl and I stared at the tempting treats that were displayed. My stomach was grumbling because I had not eaten much for breakfast. I stared again through the glass and then felt in my pockets for change.
I looked around again. ' Why not' I thought as I took four quarters out of my pant pocket and deposited them into the slot. I pushed F7 for a Hershey's chocolate bar with almonds. I heard something drop so I reached in. I pulled out a Hershey's wrapper that felt like it did not have a candy bar inside.
" What in the world" I muttered loudly as I took off the wrapper. I took out a little piece of paper. I opened it. It simply said ' God loves and feeds you'. I walked away with a grumbling stomach but a satisfied heart.
God provides for our physical needs but most of all provides spiritual food for our souls.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: