Saturday, August 11, 2012

the story of Sarai page 15

the story of Sarai page 15 by ric gustafson


Abram and Sarai walked up the stone steps and then knelt down.
" Rise" said a voice from the left.
Pharaoh Mentuhotep II sat on his gilded throne. He wore a striped headpiece, a jeweled collar and a fake beard. " Remove the veil".
Sarai removed the face covering.
" You have beautiful hair:.
Pharaoh smiled at Sarai. " I accept you as my wife". He clapped his hands. " Take her to the Queen's quarters".
Abram could only stare in disbelief as guards led his beloved Sarai away.
" What is your name?".
" Abram ben Terah, my lord".
" What is your sister's name?".
" Sarai, my Lord".
Pharaoh pointed to a nearby servant. " Take this man and give him his pick of my menservants and maidservants and the best of my flocks and herds".


research help: ' Sarai' by Jill Eileen Smith



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: