Thursday, August 30, 2012

Beatitudes 2012 page 5

Beatitudes 2012 page 5 by ric gustafson


I noticed more people were standing up and leaving the park.
" Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled".
" I hunger for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" a young man said as he held up a sandwich. Some people snickered.
" Do you desire God's presence in your life right now?".
" No".
" Are you thirsty for God's love and companionship right now?".
The young man looked around. " No but I do have my water bottle right here". He proudly held up the plastic bottle.
" When you long to be spiritually filled and want to be in God's presence, your spiritual thirst and hunger will be satisfied".
As I continued to eat my lunch, things he was saying were beginning to make sense.
I noticed more people were leaving.


research help: ' A Beautiful Offering' by Angela Thomas


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: