Tuesday, April 19, 2022

the end of days page 6

 the end of days page 6 by ric gustafson


Rory was asleep in his office chair. Downtown Copper Creek was quiet at this time of night. The office was dark. He had closed his eyes for a quick nap. All of a sudden, he heard his office door open and close.
Rory opened his eyes to see a tall lanky man with piercing blue eyes smiling at him. Rory did not recognize him.
" Who are you?".
He smiled and shook Rory's hand. " I'm Carlo Simpato".
Rory yawned. " I was just taking a little nap Mr Simpato".
" I know you are tired". He sighed. " And how is your mother?".
Rory gave him a surprised look. " How do you know about my mother?".
" I know a lot about you". A sly grin came across Carlo's face. " In fact I have a proposition for you".
" Any deal would have to go through my boss".
" I understand". He smiled again. " Which is not a problem".
" Why is that?".
" This morning, I bought your bank". He grinned. " So now you work for me".
" I am at your service".
" Good". Carlo pulled up a chair. " I would like to explain my plan to you".


research help: ' Tribulation Force' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: