Saturday, April 16, 2022

the end of days page 3

 the end of days page 3 by ric gustafson


Emily Johnston opened her eyes. She glanced around the hospital room. She noticed her son Rory was sitting next to her. She tried to raise her head. She couldn't. It was throbbing.
" Mom, it's me".
" Rory". There was fear in her voice. " Where's your father?".
A man in a uniform walked in. " Mrs Johnston". He smiled. " I'm Officer Carlson of the Copper Creek Police Department".
" Rory, where's Ross?".
The Officer took out a notebook. " Mrs Johnston, I need to ask a couple of questions about the accident".
" I'll try".
" Do you remember anything before your vehicle hit the barrier?".
" I turned and screamed at Ross that we were about to hit that barrier".
" Then what happened?".
" Rory, your father wasn't there".
" Mother, what do you mean he wasn't there?".
" I looked over and only saw his clothes in the driver's seat".
Officer Carlson shook his head. " A lot of people have been telling me that today".
Emily raised her head. " Rory, your father was not driving the van".
Rory could not believe what she was telling him.
" Mother, you need to rest".
" Rory, I'm not crazy". She frowned. " Your father was not there".


research help: ' Left Behind' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: