Friday, April 12, 2019

the miracle on Titanic page 6

the miracle on Titanic page 6 by ric gustafson


David turned the brass doorknob of C-77. He walked into the elegant room.
" Excuse me Sir?".
He turned to see a steward standing in the doorway. " Yes".
" I have your bags on my cart". He tipped his hat. " I am Stringfeld your steward".
" You can bring them in and put them by the sofa".
The steward, wearing a white coat, black bowtie and trousers, put them where he asked. He walked over and handed David an envelope. " This is a welcome from Bruce Ismay and the White Star Line". He walked toward the door. " If you need me". He smiled. " Just ring the bell that is over the desk". He left.
David marveled at the cherry colored bed. The bedspread was light colored and there were four oversized pillows on top. He noticed the brass lamp over the bed.
There was a knock on the door. His mother walked in.
" David, this ship is huge".
" This room is beautiful too".
" David, I'm getting tired". She gave her son a tired smile. " I'd like to rest awhile".
" Ok". He smiled back. " While you rest, I'm going to tour this ship a little before it departs".


research help: ' Queen of the Waves' by Janice Thompson


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: