Monday, July 31, 2017

4343 Tulip Lane page 3

4343 Tulip Lane page 3 by ric Gustafson


Roger turned onto Tulip Lane. He was curious how the new house was progressing. Tulip Lane was not his normal bike ride home.
The construction sign said ' stay out". He ignored the sign and got off his bike. He walked past the sign and noticed a man wearing a hard hat and orange vest. He was sketching on a portable easel.
" Hi" he said as he walked up to the man. " I was just curious about the building of this new house".
He looked at the easel. " This is going to be a large mansion". He smiled. " This mansion is going to have a lot of rooms".
Roger glanced at the easel. " That is a lot of rooms".
" My employer told me that he wants a lot of rooms".
" Why so many?".
" I don't know". He scratched his chin. " But that is what he wants".
" I better get going". He glanced at his watch. " Otherwise my wife will wonder where I am".
The foreman smiled. " Come back anytime".
Roger go back on his bike and pedaled away.


research help:  ' The Day Christ Died' by Jim Bishop


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: