Friday, December 16, 2016

a healing touch page 9

a healing touch page 9 by ric Gustafson


The next time I saw Jesus, he was coming off a boat. We were by the Sea of Galilee. His boat had been spotted and a crowd was already waiting for him. As he stepped out of the boat, the crowd descended on him.
As he played with children, a thought came to my mind. If I could only touch his garment, I could be well. I tried to reach him but the crowd was pressing around him. As I reached Jesus, a man arrived. He wore a robe and had gold rings on. He fell at Jesus's feet. He told Jesus that his name was Jairus and he was the leader of the synagogue in Capernaum. I smiled. It was Ethan's relative. He told Jesus that his daughter was dying. He begged Jesus to come to his house and save her. Jesus agreed to go to Jairus's house.
As they began to walk away, I knew my only chance had come.


research help: ' Land of Silence' by Tessa Afshar


Peace and God's blessings. Happy Holidays. Love Ric

No comments: