Thursday, December 8, 2016

a Golden Arch Christmas page 1

a Golden Arch Christmas page 1 by ric Gustafson


The storm's cold flakes coated David Munry's face as he slowly opened the heavy frozen door. His wife squeezed in behind him as the wind closed it quickly.
" Did you bring in the map? Alice Munry asked as she rubbed her hands together for warmth. " I can't believe all of our bad luck".
He handed her the map. He felt inside a pant pocket for change. " I'm going to call and find out how soon they can get here". He walked over to the pay phone.
She sat down and then began to stare at the map.
He came back with a sad look on his face. " Because of the blizzard". His voice hesitated. " AAA is not sure when they can get here".
" That's just great" she retorted as she looked up from the map. " It's Christmas Eve and you have no clue which exit it is to my parent's house".
" First of all, I can't find my directions to your parent's new house". He cleared his throat. " Second of all, I must of left our only cell phone at my brother's house".
She stared at her husband. " So what do we do now?".
" This McDonald's is open 24 hours a day". He glanced over at the menu board. " I suggest we eat something and wait for AAA to come".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Happy Holidays. Love Ric

No comments: