Sunday, December 21, 2014

my next door neighbor Skip page 9

my next door neighbor Skip page 9 by ric Gustafson


Archie opened his eyes to see that he was in a hospital bed. He wondered how long he had been there. He tried to lift his head but could not because it throbbed. He noticed that his forehead was bandaged.  He looked to his left to see his wife and two sons standing next to the bed. " What happened?".
" You were in a car accident". She stroked his hand. " The doctor said you were lucky to just have a slight concussion and scrapes and bruises".
Archie touched his forehead. " My head hurts".
" You hit your head on the steering wheel". Edna smiled at her husband. " You rest a while". She kissed him on the cheek. " The boys and I are going down to the cafeteria to get something to eat".
After the family had left the room, Archie closed his eyes to rest. He opened them when he heard a soft knock on the door.
A middle aged man entered the room. " Sorry to bother you". He stopped at the bed. " I heard about your accident and wanted to see how you were doing".
Archie did not recognize him. " Who are you?".
" I'm John Bosler your next door neighbor".
" My next door neighbor" Archie replied loudly as he gave him a strange look. " Where's Skip?".
" I don't know a Skip" he replied as he scratched his chin. " I'm gone on business a lot and have not had time to properly introduce myself". " We'll I'd better get going" he said as he glanced at his watch. " I will pray that you heal quickly". After he left, Archie began to cry. He realized that Skip
was a guardian angel and had been protecting himself and his family.
He closed his eyes and prayed. " I'm so sorry God". More tears rolled down his face. As he prayed, an answer from God came. As he rested in his bed, peace came into his heart.

The End


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: