Tuesday, December 2, 2014

my next door neighbor Skip page 4

my next door neighbor Skip page 4 by ric Gustafson


Archie finished tying up several grass and leaf bags and put them by the curb. He buttoned his fall coat and put on his stocking cap. It was already October and was starting to get cool out. He walked into the garage.
" Hi Dad" Rod Louk said as he walked out wearing a heavy sweatshirt and listening to a portable CD player. " Mom said you wanted me to mulch the rest of the leaves".
" Yes, it won't take long".
" That's good" he replied as he turned down the volume on his player. " I promised Mike I'd go bowling with him later this afternoon".
" I promise it won't take long". He handed his son a pair of brown work gloves. " It's all gassed up and ready to go".
All it took was three pulls for the tall lanky boy to start the mower. Since he was just mulching the leaves, the front lawn did not take long". He did not want his nice tennis shoes to get too green in the back yard, so he went back into the house to put on his other tennis shoes.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: