Wednesday, December 3, 2014

my next door neighbor Skip page 5

my next door neighbor Skip page 5 by ric Gustafson


Rod was a third of the way done mulching the leaves in the back yard. He had not noticed that one of his shoelaces had come undone.
Archie was on one side of the house washing off the house vinyl siding.
The young man heard a noise. He looked down in horror as he noticed that one of his feet was going under the mower blade because of a loose shoelace. " Help Dad" he screamed.
Archie heard his son yell for help. He dropped the garden hose and ran into the back yard. As he opened the gate and ran into the back yard, he heard the mower stop. He noticed Skip, who was wearing work out clothes and his Angel baseball cap, examining his son's foot.
" I was about to go jogging and I heard this young man screaming for help". He was examining the young man's foot. " I think his foot is going to be ok".
" Thank you Skip" he said as he looked at his son's foot. " You have my sincere gratitude".
" Glad I could help". He smiled at Archie. " What are neighbors for".
Archie checked his son's shoelaces to make sure that they were now tied. He looked up to see that his neighbor had already left. " Rod, what happened?".
" Dad, I yelled for you because my shoelace had come undone and I felt my foot going under the blade". He gave his father a scared look. " I was scared and did not know what to do". He stared at his father. " I felt a hand go on the mower and stop it".
" Who's hand went on the mower?".
" Our neighbor with the Angel ballcap". He started the mower to finish mulching the leaves/
Archie went back to hosing off the vinyl siding as he shook his head in bewilderment.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: