Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Am: when God became sin

I Am: when God became sin by ric gustafson


II Corinthians 5:21- ' God made him who had no sin to be sin'.


One of the truths of the cross is that Jesus can identify with us. In this passage to the Corinthians, the Apostle Paul states that Jesus became sin. In his agony on the cross, Jesus knew what it was like to be a thief, an addict, outcast and all that is evil. Jesus felt our shame, pain, brokenness and our misery. Jesus felt the loss and the guilt of sin. When Jesus cried out ' My God My God, why have you forsaken me?' he was feeling seperation from his Father. Jesus took our sin onto himself so that we could be free and saved from Satan. We should never forget the Cross and the sacrifice that God had to do so we could be with him forever.


research help: ' I Am' by Steve Fry


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: