Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Lazarus and Mr Tucker page 6

 Lazarus and Mr Tucker page 6 by ric gustafson


" Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send the old man that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue". Lloyd was desperate. " For I am in agony in this flame".
" Child, remember that during your life you received your good things and likewise Lazarus had his things". The lack of water was affecting Lloyd. " But now he is being comforted here and you are in agony".
" Please help me Father Abraham".
" Besides between you and me is a great chasm". He pointed. " Those who wish to come over from here to you cannot and none can cross over from there to us".
" Then I beg you to send the old man to my father's house for I have five brothers". Lloyd was beginning to lose his mind. " That he might warn them not to come to this place of torment".
" They have Moses and the Prophets". Father Abraham shook his head. " Let them hear them".
" No Father Abraham but if someone goes to them from the dead". Lloyd's thirsty voice hesitated. " They will repent".
" If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets". Father Abraham frowned. " Neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead".
Thirst and flame kept consuming Lloyd. He knew he was eternally lost forever.

The End


research help: The Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: