Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Jesus my son page 2

 Jesus my son page 2 by ric gustafson


Before sunrise, Matthew slipped out of Peter's house. He walked down narrow streets and dodged men carrying produce to the market. He began to walk into the lower city of Jerusalem. At one point, he stopped at a home on Baker Street. The street was near the Pool of Siloam.
He shouted a greeting. " Shalom, I come seeking Mary of Nazareth".
The door slowly opened. A woman peered out. She grinned. " Matthew, is that you?".
Matthew grinned. " Yes Miriam it is I".
She had changed in the years since Matthew had seen her. She was softer, heavier and more pale. Her smile was the same.
" The others will be happy to see you".
" Who else lives here?".
" Mary, myself  and sometimes members of Mary's family".
" Is Mary able to visit?".
" I will go check".


research help: ' A Woman of Words' by Angela Hunt


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: