Monday, August 9, 2021

Horatio's lucky penny page 7

 Horatio's lucky penny page 7 by ric gustafson


" Horatio, after I entered the homeless shelter I became a Christian". John took a little green bible out of one of his pant pockets. " Knowing Jesus has changed my life".
" I don't believe in God". He glanced at the plaque. " Just my lucky penny".
" You still believe in that coin for everything in your life".
" Of course". Horatio grabbed one of his portfolio statements. " What's happened to me bears it out".
" Horatio, I heard today that the stock market took a huge plunge".
" I'm happy with my life". He pointed toward everything he had. " My lucky penny has given me everything I need".
" Ok Horatio". He began to walk toward the front door. " I will pray for you".
Horatio watched as his friend left.
He stared at the plaque. " Who needs God when we have each other".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: