Friday, August 6, 2021

Horatio's lucky penny page 4

 Horatio's lucky penny page 4 by ric gustafson


Horatio was studying his stock portfolio when the intercom rang. He hit the button. " Yes Evelyn".
" John Ellis from the Elkington Homeless Shelter is here to see you".
" Oh that's right". He glanced at his Rolodex. " Send him in".
John was brought into a spacious office.
Horatio stared at the young man. " Please sit down".
" Thank you". He sat down on a comfy blue couch. " I'm John Ellis from the Elkington Homeless Shelter".
They shook hands. " What can I do for you Mr Ellis?".
" The shelter is suffering from financial hardships right now".
" Yes, I know about the cut in city funding".
" We've also been struggling financialy in other ways".
" Mr Longley, we greatly appreciate what you've given to us in the past".
" Thank you".
" But right now we could really use your help".
" Mr Ellis, I was homeless at your shelter for a long time".
" I heard that".
" I know what it's like to be hungry and have no place to go".
" So we can count on your help".
" I will help the shelter".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: