Saturday, August 7, 2021

Horatio's lucky penny page 5

 Horatio's lucky penny page 5 by ric gustafson


" You look familiar". Horatio stared at John. " Have we met before?".
" No, I don't think so". He scratched his beard. " I'm from Montana".
" Montana John". Horatio stood up and hugged his old friend. " Remember me Horatio from the tent colony".
" You mean the homeless guy who would bring back containers of food from dumpsters".
" That was me".
" What happened to you?". He grinned. " You disappeared from the tent colony".
Horatio walked over to a wall and took down a plaque. " This is what happened to me".
John glanced at the plaque. " A penny".
" That's right". Horatio smiled. " This lucky penny saved my life".
" How is that?".
" The day I found that penny my life completely changed".
" So from the tent colony you now live in this fancy house".
" Are you hungry John?".
" A little".
" Have lunch with me". Horatio smiled. " And I will explain everythng".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: