Wednesday, April 20, 2016

the Kommandant page 3

the Kommandant page 3 by ric Gustafson


After the war, I joined the Free Corps. Some others and myself beat a man to death and I was sentenced to ten years in prison. In prison, I listened to inmates and their thinking. Reading was one way of spending time behind bars.
As the years went on, my belief in God faded away. I officially left the church in 1922. After six years, I was released from prison. Right away, I joined a group called the Artamans. They were a group of patriotic young men and women.
During the time with the Artamans, I met my future wife. We married in 1929 and had three children right away. In June of 1934, Heinrich Himmler asked me to join the SS. My desire to become a soldier again became a priority.
Himmler asked me to join a guard troop at a concentration camp.
I had never heard of a concentration camp before. It was new to me.


research help: ' The Commandant' by Jurg Amann


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: