Thursday, April 7, 2016

Horatio's lucky penny page 6

Horatio's lucky penny page 6 by ric Gustafson


Horatio poured some lemonade from a large glass pitcher into a glass. He took a sip. " Would you like some John?".
The day butler set a plate of sandwiches, fruit and potato chips in front of them.
"Sure". His friend bit into a roast beef sandwich. " Thank you for lunch".
" My pleasure". Horatio poured a glass and handed it to him. " I miss the guys from the tent colony".
" So tell me what happened that now you have all this".
Horatio thought for a moment. " After I found my lucky penny near Dominick's that day". His voice hesitated. " A miracle happened on my walk back to the tent colony".
" What happened?".
" I noticed something green in the snow". He took a sip of the lemonade. " It was a wet one hundred dollar bill".
His friend took another bite of his sandwich. " What did you do with it?".
" I took it to somebody at the shelter who knew about investing in the stock market". He smiled at his friend. " He invested it for me and now I'm making a fortune just off the interest".
John scratched his chin. " And you think that everything that has happened to you is because of this penny that you found in the snow".
" That's right". He took another sip of his lemonade. " It's the only explanation I can think of".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: