Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Horatio's lucky penny page 4

Horatio's lucky penny page 4 by ric Gustafson


Horatio was studying his stock portfolio when the intercom rang. He pushed a button on a large oak top desk. " Yes Evelyn".
" John Ellis from the Elkington Homeless Shelter has a 10:00 appointment to see you".
" Oh that's right". He glanced at his Rolex watch. " Send him in".
Evelyn led a young man into the spacious office and study.
" Hi, I'm Horatio Longley". He pointed toward a nearby couch. " Please have a seat".
" Thank you". He sat down on the small blue couch. " I'm John Ellis and I represent the Elkington Homeless Shelter".
" What can I do for you Mr Ellis?".
" Mr Longley, as you know the city has cut our funding in half". He played nervously with his tie. " And our expenses have skyrocketed because of more young mothers and families coming in".
Horatio sighed. " Yes, I know about the struggles the shelter is having".
" Mr Longley, we appreciate what you've given to us in the past". He smiled. " But right now, we could really use your help".
" Mr Ellis, I am a very generous man". He looked intently at the young man. " I was homeless myself for a long time". He frowned. " I know what it's like to be hungry and have no place to go".
" Mr Longley, we could really use your help right now".
Horatio stood up and shook the young man's hand. " I will help the shelter".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: