Monday, April 18, 2016

the Kommandant page 1

the Kommandant page 1 by ric Gustafson


I am Rudolf Hoess and I was the Kommandant at Auschwitz. I will try to recall to the best of my memory the events of my life. My family lived in an average home outside of Baden Baden. I lived in this house until I was six. I had no playmates and enjoyed going into the nearby Black Forest.
I enjoyed riding horses and liked spending time in the stables. I had a huge love for animals and basically I was a loner.
When I was six, we moved to Mannheim and I was heartsick for my animals and the forest. On my seventh birthday, I was given a pony that I named Hans. I enjoyed riding Hans in nearby Haardt Forest.
I was raised in a strong military family. My father was a fanatic Catholic. From my childhood up, I was trained in an awareness of duty. Attention to duty was greatly respected in my parents home. Each person in my family had certain responsibilities. My father expected all of his orders and instructions to be carried out. At this time my sisters were four and six years old. I respected my parents very much.
My father died when I was young.


research help: ' The Commandant' by Jurg Amann


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: