Thursday, October 20, 2011

the miracle at Gettysburg page 1

the miracle at Gettysburg page 1 by ric gustafson.


General James Longstreet opened his eyes in fear and noticed that his body was damp from sweat. He had been having a bad dream about his three dead children.
" Sir".
He looked over to see his aide Sorrel standing next to him. " You asked me to wake you if Harrison came back".
Longstreet got off the cot, put on a blue robe and slippers and then walked outside the tent. He was not expecting the spy to come back. He saw a small man with a floppy hat on and riding a pale horse.
" General, would you mind if I dismount my horse?".
Longstreet nodded his approval.
The spy slowly dismounted his horse and now stood by it. He sniffed the cool air. " Any more of that good southern tobacco?".
" What do you have for me?".
" Well General, I know where the Union army is".
" You do!".
" General, I saw the First and Eleventh Corps led by John Reynolds in Taneytown this morning".
" In Taneytown this morning".
" General, that is the God fearing truth".
Longstreet stared at the spy and then turned toward Major Sorrel. " Well Major, I think we need to wake the old man up".



research help: ' The Killer Angels' by Michael Shaara




Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: