Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hindenburg: a man of faith page 2

Hindenburg: a man of faith page 2 by ric gustafson.


Rolf sat next to one of the big observation windows and looked at the unending scenery. The giant airship had just flown over the English Channel and now was flying over Southern Ireland. This was a diffrent route to avoid a storm that was coming.
At 11:00 in the morning, Rolf walked to the portside dining room to get a cup of coffee and a roll before lunch. He sat down and began to read from a small pocket bible that he had in his front pocket.
" Excuse me".
He turned to see a young steward next to him. " I'm sorry to bother you".
" What can I do for you?".
" I could not but notice that you were reading the bible" the young man said as he pointed at the small bible in Rolf's hand. " Are you a christian?".
" Yes, I'm Rolf Muller".
" I'm Willy Mather, assistant head steward of this airship" he said as he shook Rolf's hand. " I'm curious about the bible in your hand".
" Willy, we can talk about the bible any time you have the time".



research help: ' the Hindenburg murders' by Max Allan Collins




Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: