Sunday, October 23, 2011

Devil's Food page 1

Devil's Food page 1 by ric gustafson a halloween story


Roy McReed pressed the white garage door button to shut the garage door. He opened the kitchen door and walked into the spacious newly remodeled kitchen. " Hi sweetie".
" Hi honey" Margaret McReed replied as she put down a carving knife. " I'm just finishing up our halloween pumpkin".
He yawned as he put his brown briefcase on top of their wooden hutch. " Work was really busy today". He walked over to the white refrigerator, opened it and peered inside. " Sweetie, have you seen my Hostess treats?".
" Yes, on the side next to your cheese slices".
He saw the familiar red, white and blue package. He opened it and took a long bite. " I love these things".
" What are they?".
" Hostess Devil's Food zingers".
" Oh, I need you to do something for me".
" Anything" he said with a grin as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.
" I need you to go to the store and purchase our halloween candy for tomorrow".
" Ok".



I pray that everyone is ok on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. Love Ric

No comments: