Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Milwaukee Stories: put it on my tab page 2

Milwaukee Stories: put it on my tab page 2 by ric Gustafson


Jesus put the glass of juice in front of Clete.
He took a sip. " You know what happened earlier today?".
Jesus began to wrap silverware and napkins. " What happened?".
" I had never driven in Milwaukee traffic before". He laughed. " I cut someone off in traffic on purpose". He took another sip of his juice. " I sure made that woman mad".
Jesus took a piece of paper from the counter  and began to write it.
Clete frowned. " What are you doing?".
" Just adding to your spiritual tab".
Just then, Clete noticed someone standing at a nearby corner. " Do you know what I do when I see someone standing at a corner holding a sign asking for help?".
Jesus started wiping down tables with a rag and cleaner. " What do you do?".
Clete took another sip of his juice. " I laugh and shake my head as I drive past them".
Jesus walked over and wrote something on the piece of paper.
" Now what are you doing?".
" Just adding to your spiritual tab".
Clete shook his head. He glanced at his watch. " I need to get to the game". He reached into a pant pocket and put some bills on the counter. " Thanks for the juice". He walked out.
Jesus put his spiritual tab on a bulletin board. " You're welcome".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: