Friday, February 5, 2016

the road to Emmaus page 1

the road to Emmaus page 1 by ric Gustafson


Flavius and some soldiers entered the house. A family was sitting on a carpet enjoying their midday meal.
He pointed a sword at a man. " I seek Cleopas".
The man with curly hair stood up. " I am he".
" On orders of the Roman Govenor Pontius Pilate, I have been sent to investigate the disappearance from a tomb a carpenter from Galilee".
Cleopas smiled. " Jesus from Galilee is alive".
Flavius stared at him in disbelief. " And how do you know that?".
Tears came to Cleopas's eyes. " Centurion, I saw him with my own eyes".
Flavius pointed his sword at his chest. " Show me his body".
" Since the day my friend and I met him on the road to Emmaus". His voice hesitated. " I have not seen him".
Flavius pointed his sword at his heart. " The Roman Govenor wants to know how many of his disciples like yourself that there are".
Cleopas smiled. " We disciples are everywhere".
Flavius lowered his sword. " Tell me about the day you saw the carpenter".


research help: ' Risen' by Angela Hunt


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: