Friday, February 5, 2016

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 24

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 24 by ric Gustafson


Flavius led Jesus into the Hall of Judgment. Pilate was sitting on the Judgment Seat. Flavius stopped Jesus so he was standing right in front of Pilate.
Just then, a servant handed Pilate a note. It was from his wife telling him to have nothing to do with Jesus.
Outside the Praetorium, the crowd was getting more unruly by the minute.
Pilate walked outside and faced the angry crowd. " You have brought this man to me". He pointed at Jesus. " I have examined him and I find no fault in him". He gave the crowd a serious look. " Therefore I will chastise him and let him go".
" Traitor" the crowd yelled.
The Roman Govenor looked for any compassion from the crowd. " There is a custom that I release a prisoner during Passover week". He pointed a finger at Jesus. " Should I release the King of the Jews?". He did not want to release the criminal who had tried to lead a rebellion. " Or should I release Barabbas?".
He stared again at the crowd. " Which of the two shall I release?". His voice hesitated. " Shall I release Barabbas or Jesus whom some call the Christ?".
" Barabbas, please release Barabbas".
The Roman Govenor held up a hand to silence the crowd. " And what shall I do with Jesus of Nazareth?".
" Crucify him".


research help: ' The Murder of Jesus' by John Macarthur


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: