Thursday, February 25, 2016

the pearly gates processing center

the pearly gates processing center by ric Gustafson


Dismas walked up to a huge wooden table. An angel in white was stamping papers. The angel smiled. " Have a seat".
" Thank you". Nervously, he sat down in a nearby empty chair. " I'm not sure why I am here".
The angel grinned. " Do you remember where you were last?".
Dismas thought for a moment. " Yes, I was being executed on a cross and I was losing consciousness".
" Then what happened".
" I could hear my compatriot criticizing the man between us".
The angel shuffled some papers.
" I told him that this man was innocent and has done no wrong".
" Then what happened?".
" I turned my head and simply asked him to remember me when he comes into his Kingdom".
" Then what happened?".
" I heard him reply". His voice hesitated. " And now here I am".
The angel picked up a nearby phone. " Master, he's here".
A door opened and Jesus walked in. Smiling, he held out his hand. " Come my friend".
As we left that room, we were both smiling.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: