Thursday, September 10, 2015

who do you say I am?

who do you say I am? by ric Gustafson


Jesus and his disciples were walking toward a village near Caesarea Philippi. The day was hot abd they were all tired. The disciples were perplexed at the questions Jesus was asking them.
" Who do people say that I am?".
Peter and the others thought for a moment. " Some say John the Baptist". " Others Elijah or maybe one of the prophets".
Jesus looked at them. " What about you, who do you say I am?".
Peter exclaimed " You are the Christ".
Jesus smiled at the burly fisherman. " Do not tell anyone about me". " I must suffer and be rejected by many".
They kept walking.
" I must be killed and then rise again in three days".
Peter pulled Jesus aside because he could not believe what he was hearing.
" Get behind me Satan". He gave Peter a stern stare. " You do not have in mind the things of God but the things of man".

The End


research help: The Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: