Tuesday, September 15, 2015

the end of days: the Plague of Sores page 2

the end of days: the Plague of Sores page 2 by ric Gustafson


Rory sat down in a chair next to Edith. " Sounds like we're going to be working together".
" Sounds great".
" Can we get together in your office at 3:00 and throw some ideas around?".
She nervously stood up to leave. " Sure".
At 3, Rory knocked on her office door.
" Come in".
He walked in and sat down next to her desk.
She nervously smiled. " So what ideas do you already have based on the briefing?".
Rory looked at her right wrist. " I noticed you were the only person not scratching a sore at the meeting".
She lowered her head so he would not notice.
He gave her a stern look. " You're a Christian aren't you?".
" Are you going to turn me in?".
" I should". He pulled up his pant leg to reveal that he now had two sores. " But for right now I'm not".
" Why?".
" I miss my parents" he said as he studied family pictures on the wall. " Also I need your help with Mr Simpato's new project".
" Rory, what happened to your parents?".
" My father disappeared with the other millions in the so called Rapture and my mother just recently went under the blade because of her faith".
She grinned at Rory. " What do you believe?".
" I believe in a God that I can see with my own eyes". He hesitated. " I believe that Mr Simpato is doing great things for this world".
She put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. " Rory, your Christian parents went to be with the Lord".


research help: original story and ' Desecration' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: