Friday, January 31, 2014

Noah's wife page 11

Noah's wife page 11 by ric gustafson


I watched as villagers stole the gopher wood that my husband's cousins brought.
" What do you need this wood for?" the villagers taunted as they threw rocks at us. " We will put this wood to better use".
" My husband" I asked as rocks flew by my head. " How can we build this boat without wood?".
Noah smiled at me. " My cousin will bring his mammoth tomorrow to help us".
The stones never hurt me, my husband or my sons but the mammoth was hit several times. One day, I noticed that the huge beast had been struck down dead from flying rocks.
I noticed that the jeering throng of villagers had grown larger every day.
One man yelled at Noah. " Where is this sea that you will sail on with this boat?".
Noah looked up into the sky. " It waits in the sky for the boat to be finished".
One day, my husband hurt his thumb badly and I knew that his lack of eyesight was getting worse.


research help: ' Sinners and the Sea' by Rebecca Kanner


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: