Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Noah's wife page 10

Noah's wife page 10 by ric gustafson


My husband took his staff and drew an outline through the sand. At first, people from the village came and with their feet made the lines go away. My husband outlined it again and showed it to me when he was totally finished. The outline was a long and narrow rectangle with three levels.
Ham stared at his father. " Why does the boat have a flat bottom?".
" It will be weighted on the lowest level by the large beasts". He grinned at me. " The diagonal line between levels was going to be a ramp and there was going to be a long window all around the boat".
The next day, I woke up to the sound of laughter coming from outside the tent. I woke up my husband and we quietly tiptoed to the edge of the tent. We peeked out to see villagers laughing at my husband's outline in the sand.
My husband picked up his staff and walked out toward the growing mob of people. " What's going on?".
He noticed that somebody had covered his outline with rocks.
He gave the mob an angry look. " Why did you do this?".
Someone spoke up. " Your boat will be sunk on a bed of rocks".
My husband came back into the tent.
" What are we going to do?" I asked him with a worried stare.
" We do not need an outline because God will guide us".


research help: ' Sinners and the Sea' by Rebecca Kanner


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: