Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Great Harvest 101 page 4

The Great Harvest 101 page 4 by ric gustafson


Doreen Hatsell walked up to the wooden podium. " Mr Freeman, that was not an easy passage tonight".
" About Matthew 28:19-20".
She gave him a perplexed look. " I'm still not sure about it".
" Open your bible and we'll take a look at it".
She opened a small black pocket bible. " I found it".
" What does the passage talk about?".
" Jesus told his church to make disciples". She gave him another perplexed look. " I still don't understand how the concept of grain goes with this passage".
" Tonight I used the illustration of reaping or cutting a stalk of grain to help describe this bible passage".
" Can you explain that to me one more time?".
Mr Freeman walked up to the board and wrote the word ' Reaping' on it. " The first thing farmers do with wheat is cut the stalk".
" Ok".
" Reaping a spiritual harvest is when someone decides to cut himself off from his old life and commit to a new life in Christ".
" Oh I see".
" Next week, I'm going to talk about the concept of Threshing in regard to this bible passage".


research help: Turning Points April 2013


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: