Friday, May 31, 2013

I Am: a God who was one of us

I Am: a God who was one of us by ric gustafson


Isaiah 7:14- ' The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel'.


People of all ages have questions. Does God understand my pain and my anxieties?. People want to know if there is a God who understands what they are going through?.  People wonder if a perfect God can relate to an imperfect me. The answer to that is a resounding yes. God came down to us as a man rejected, weary, stressed and heartbroken at the ugliness of humanity. God became flesh and came to our human level.  God came to us as a baby in Bethlehem. God came as Immanuel or God with us. God atoned for us by having his Son die for us. God wants us to immitate his Son and yield our life to him. God became one of us and through his Son, saved us forever.


research help: ' I Am' by Steve Fry


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: