Wednesday, May 22, 2013

No Time chapter 5 page 3

No Time chapter 5 page 3 by ric gustafson


Jessica put her napkin into the metal trashcan. " Thanks for the hotdog Bryson". They began to walk toward the SUV. Her cell phone rang. " That must be Father Time" she said with a slight smile. " Why don't you walk around the trail while I talk to him?".
" Ok". He started to walk along a gravel trail that went around the park. ' It is so beautiful here' he thought as he watched families enjoying the beautiful late spring weather. As he walked by a grove of tall trees, he noticed a middleaged man who was wearing large white coveralls and a large straw hat staring intently at one of the trees. As he walked by a children's play area, he noticed Jessica walking toward him. He smiled. " What did Father Time have to say?".
" He told me that your watch will be ready at five".  They began to walk back toward the parking lot.
" This park reminds me of one I used to go to when I was a kid". He pointed at the grove of trees. " I did see something odd on my short walk".
She smiled. " What was that?".
" I noticed a man staring at those trees over there".
" What was he wearing?".
" White coveralls and a large straw hat".
" That's interesting that you noticed him".
" Why is that?".
" That odd person is our next delivery".


research help: an Omaha World Herald article


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: