Monday, August 5, 2024

True Grit page 36

 True Grit page 36 by ric gustafson


" Fill your hands you SOB". Rooster put the reins in his teeth. He pulled out his other saddle revolver. Driving his spur into the flank of his horse Bo, Cogburn began to charge directly at the bandits. The four bandits on the other side of the meadow began to charge at Rooster.
I smiled at LaBoeuf. " I knew Marshal Cogburn had true grit".
The Texan raised his rifle. He didn't shoot.
" I can't shoot". He frowned at me. " They're too far away".
Cogburn shot Harold Permalee first. He noticed Greaser Bob had escaped with his money. Then Ferrell Permalee was hit.
Then Cogburn's horse fell to the ground. Cogburn was pinned underneath it.
Lucky Ned Pepper quietly rode up next to Cogburn's horse. He was holding a revolver in his hand.
" Rooster, I am all shot to pieces".
LaBoeuf got into a sitting position. He aimed his Sharps rifle.
Pepper aimed his revolver at Rooster.
A shot rang out. Pepper fell over his horse. He was dead.
I yelled with joy. " Hurrah for the man from Texas".


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: