Saturday, August 3, 2024

True Grit page 34

 True Grit page 34 by ric gustafson


I woke up. My head was throbbing. Chaney had knocked me out by hitting me with his pistol. I opened my eyes. I smiled. In front of me was LaBoeuf. His rifle was trained on Chaney.
" Are you hurt Mattie?".
" Yes". I felt a huge lump on my head. " Chaney knocked me out by hitting me in the head with his pistol".
LaBoeuf  glanced at Chaney. " You're bleeding".
Chaney stared at me. " She shot me in the ribs".
I glanced around. " Where is Marshal Cogburn?".
" Down below". He pointed his rifle at Chaney. " Let's move".
They walked around a pit.
Mattie glanced at the pit. " Chaney says there are deadly snakes in there".
They walked to a far corner of the ledge. LaBoeuf and Mattie looked down. Below them was a level and open meadow.


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: