Sunday, August 4, 2024

True Grit page 35

 True Grit page 35 by ric gustafson


LaBoeuf and I watched as Pepper and his bandits began to ride into the meadow.
Then I smiled. I pointed. " Look over there, it's Marshal Cogburn".
Cogburn stopped his horse right in the middle of the meadow. In his left hand, he held a navy revolver. In his right hand, his reins.
" Where is the girl Ned?".
" She was ok when I saw her last". Pepper smirked. " I cannot answer for her now".
" Where is she Ned?".
LaBoeuf  stood up. " She's alright Cogburn". His voice hesitated. " We have Chaney".
" Well Rooster, will you give us the road?".
" I can't do that Ned".
" Rooster, we have business elsewhere".
" I mean to kill you in one minute Ned". Cogburn thought for a moment. " Or see you hanged in Fort Smith".
" I call that bold talk for a one eyed fat man".


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: