Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 22

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 22 by ric gustafson


Jesus raised his head. He looked at Pilate.
" Why don't you answer me?". He stared at Jesus. " I have the power to crucify you".
Jesus did not say a word.
" I also have the power to release you".
" You could have no power over me at all unless it was given to you from above".
Pilate again addressed the ever growing crowd. " This punishment this man has had is enough".
Someone yelled. " If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar".
Pilate sat down on the Judgment Seat. " Behold your King".
" Crucify him".
" What, shall I crucify your King?".
" We have no King but Caesar".
Pilate shook his head in frustration. He clapped his hands for a servant. " Bring me a basin of water".
Shortly, the servant came back with the basin.
Pilate dipped his fingers into the water. He stared at the crowd. " I am innocent of the blood of this man".
Someone yelled. " May his blood be on us and our children".
Pilate pointed to Flavius. The centurion walked over to the Roman Govenor.
" Gather four of your best soldiers and wait for my orders".


research help: ' The Murder of Jesus' by John Macarthur


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: