Monday, March 18, 2024

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 20

 Flavius Artemis the centurion page 20 by ric gustafson


Flavius led Jesus into the Hall of Judgment. Pilate was sitting on the Judgment seat. Pilate was handed a folded note. It was from his wife. She warned him to have nothing to do with this Jesus.
Outside the Praetorium, the crowd was getting worse by the minute.
Pilate walked outside. " You have brought this man to me". He now faced the angry crowd. " I have examined him and find no fault in him". He gave the crowd a serious stare. " I will chastise him and let him go".
" Traitor" the crowd yelled.
The Roman Govenor looked at the crowd for some compassion. " There is a custom that I release a prisoner during Passover week". Jesus had now joined him. " Should I release the King of the Jews?". He grinned. " Or should I release Barabbas?". Pilate was hoping it was Jesus they would release. " Which of the two should I release?".
" Barabbas" the crowd yelled. 
The Roman Govenor held up a hand to silence the crowd. " And what shall I do with Jesus of Nazareth?".
" Crucify him".


research help: ' The Murder of Jesus' by John Macarthur


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: