Sunday, December 3, 2023

The First Christmas: the donkey

 The First Christmas: the donkey by ric gustafson


I was tired. It took six days but we made it. I got my master here safely. It was cold and snowy but we made it. There was no place to stay because of the census. Luckily, the Innkeeper let us stay in his stable. 
It had been a busy day here in this stable. Shepherds came bearing gifts. Wise Men came bearing gifts. Angels came to see the baby boy just born to my master. Donkey's go back to a Moabite prophet named Balaam. We are stubborn. It is one of our character traits. You can command a horse. A donkey you need to negotiate. There is a prophecy that the coming Messiah will come riding on one of us.
The ox in the next stall is a decent stablemate. He is well mannered. I would not have one as a friend. They are dull and lumbering. We eat less and move more quickly. The excitement is that a baby boy was born here. 
Hopefully, I will be able to return my master soon back home.


research help: ' The First Christmas' by Stephen Mitchell


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: