Tuesday, December 26, 2023

4/3/1882 page 3

 4/3/1882 page 3 by ric gustafson


Bob Ford now stood next to Jesse. " How much do you think is on this train?".
Jesse straightened his coat over his pearl handle 44 caliber Smith and Wesson and a Colt 45. " I heard there is a hundred thousand in that express car".
Ford smiled. " My fingers are already itchy".
Jesse held up a lantern. " Two years ago we robbed this same railroad".
Bob Ford scratched his chin. " Do you remember Sept 7 1876?".
Jesse gave the young man a sad look. " It's a day I don't want to remember".
" Was that Northfield Minnesota bank owned by General Ben Butler?".
" Yes".
" I knew it". Ford looked at Jesse. " I heard Bill Chadwell died in that raid".
" Also Clell Miller and Charlie Pitts".
Ford stared at Jesse. " I heard you did not get a plug nickel from that raid".
Just then, Jesse heard a noise. He looked down the railroad tracks. He yelled at his brother. " Frank, it's coming".
Bob Ford looked at Jesse. " Is the train coming?".
Jesse put on a blue bandana. He handed Ford a red one. " Stay close to me".


research help: ' The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford' by Ron Hansen


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: