Friday, April 2, 2021

the great egg souffle caper page 5

 the great egg souffle caper page 5 by ric gustafson


Lucille Gass gave a loaded tray to a church member. " Elnora, we're getting a lot more people than expected". 
Elnora noticed the long line coming through. " How are the hot cross buns and orange juice doing?".
Lucille grinned. " Fine".
Elnora was worried. She had already given her only extra egg souffle for upstairs.
" Elnora, we need more egg souffle upstairs".
In disbelief, she turned to see her friend George Weiler.
" I gave the dish to someone to bring up there". Horror came over her face. " You never got it".
" No".
Elnora ran upstairs into the small kitchen. " Marjorie, I sent a young man up here with my last egg souffle dish".
" I haven't seen him". She handed a loaded plate to a church member. " I sure could use it right now".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: