Thursday, April 15, 2021

John 8:12 page 1

 John 8:12 page 1 by ric gustafson


Jack Dallas put his heavy bag on the sidewalk. He opened a small black bible to John 8:12. It said ' I am the light of the world he who follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life'. It was because of this passage that Jack became a Christian. It also became the reason he chose the line of work he did. 
He looked weary because he had knocked on several doors. He decided that this was the wrong neighborhood to try and sell light bulbs. As he walked toward his car, he did notice one house that was totally dark. All the other houses had lights on. He walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. There was no answer. He rang it twice more. After no response, he picked up his bag of light bulbs. He began to walk away.
" What do you want?".
Jack put his bag down and walked to the door. " I'm a light bulb salesman". His voice hesitated. " I noticed that your house was totally dark".
" I don't want anything".
" If you could let me show you what was in my bag".
" Go away".


research help: the Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: