Wednesday, November 18, 2020

the fork in the road page 18

 the fork in the road page 18 by ric gustafson


God was watching the TV screen. Just then, an assistant walked in. He whispered into God's ear. God frowned. " Ok, send him in".
His adversary walked in. He sat down next to the Creator.
" What do you want Lucifer?".
He squirmed in his chair. " I came to ask permission".
" Have you seen my servant Alvin". He smiled. " He has not crumbled or blamed me for his trials".
" There are more trials and temptations I could throw his way". He sneered at God. " That's why I have come to ask your permission".
" I will grant you one more try". He kept staring at the screen. " The next time I see you". His voice hesitated. " You will have no more chances".
" Agreed". He stood up to leave.
" Remember Lucifer". He grinned. " You can only harm him financially".
" I know". He walked out.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: