Sunday, November 15, 2020

the fork in the road page 15

 the fork in the road page 15 by ric gustafson


Alvin was writing in a large notepad. Kids were splashing in a nearby pool. Frank Lyon walked up. " Morning Alvin".
" Morning Frank".
He sits down next to Alvin. " How is the revision coming?".
" Ok". His cell phone rings. Alvin looks at it. " Excuse me Frank, my wife is calling". He gets up and begins to walk away. " Hello". Worry begins to cloud his face. " Eleanor, slow down". His voice hesitates. " What happened?". He listened intently. " Did he hurt you?". " Ok, don't worry". He began to walk back to Frank. " I'll call you back in a little while".
He sits down next to Frank. " I can't believe this is happening".
Frank gave him a strange grin. " What happened Alvin?".
" My wife was trying to get some money from an ATM". His scared voice hesitated. " Somebody came up behind her with a gun".
" What happened?".
" At gunpoint, she was forced to give him all the money we had in our checking account".
Frank gave him another strange grin. " I'm sorry to hear that Alvin".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: