Saturday, November 14, 2020

the fork in the road page 13

 the fork in the road page 13 by ric gustafson


Alvin knocked on Mr Hanscom's hotel room door. It was opened to reveal his boss sipping some bottled water. " Come in Alvin".
Alvin sat down on a couch. " You asked for me Mr Hanscom".
" Would you like something from the mini bar?".
" No, thank you Sir".
" Alvin". He kept sipping the water. " Is everything going ok in your personal life?".
" I lost my wallet". He gave him a sad look. " Otherwise I'm doing ok".
" Alvin, the Board of Directors were not as thrilled with your presentation as I was".
" Mr Hanscom". His voice hesitated. " We did the best we could with it".
" I know you did". He handed Alvin a piece of paper. " Here are the items the Board had questions with".
Alvin looked at the paper. " How long do we have to work on it?".
" Friday, the board will meet". He smiled at Alvin. " I'm going to have Frank Lyon help you with it".
" Ok, Mr Hanscom". He quietly left the room.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: