Saturday, November 14, 2020

the fork in the road page 12

 the fork in the road page 12 by ric gustafson


Alvin stood just right off the stage with Alex and Frank Lyon.
Alex smiled as he held some papers in his hand. " I think the presentation is as good as we can get it".
Just then, Alvin's cell phone buzzed. " I will be right back. He walked over to a distant corner. " Hello".
" Alvin" said a hysterical woman's voice.
" Eleanor, what's happened?".
" Alvin". The scared voice hesitated. " I just got a call regarding our three credit cards". She began to cry. " Somebody has been using them to buy expensive things all over Bay River".
" What!" yelled Alvin. " Eleanor, I lost my wallet today".
" Alvin, I'm scared".
" Everything will be fine". He closed the phone and walked out to do the presentation.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: