Friday, November 16, 2018

the $ 2.15 Thanksgiving dinner page 2

the $ 2.15 Thanksgiving dinner by ric Gustafson


Martin ladled mashed potatoes into a large pan.
Just then, the kitchen door opened. Sunday ran in. Fear was in her eyes. " The carved turkey is gone".
" What?" Mr Morgan exclaimed. " I just put the pans into the warmers and the serving wells".
" I think I saw Martin's friend run out the door with them in a cart".
" Oh no!". Martin ran out the door. " Lucas". As he got to the front door, he noticed a cart going down the hill.
Gobble Gobble
Mr Morgan ran out of the kitchen. " Martin, what just happened?".
" I'm sorry Mr Morgan". Martin opened the front door. " I need to go find my friend". He ran out.
Mr Morgan sat down in a chair. " Now what am I gonna do?". Tears came to his face. " The residents are coming for a Thanksgiving dinner". More tears came down his face. " And I have no turkey to serve them".
Just then, the front door opened. A tall black bearded man wearing white walked in. " Has the Thanksgiving meal started yet?".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: